Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Screaming frog?

Posted by Raghave on August 17, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Does anyone use Screaming frog for site auditing? I really like it because the amount of technical detail about a website.

Andy replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Raghave

August 17, 2021 at 11:41 pm

I really like the user agent texting which allows you to change the crawler between Google smartphone, desktop and many other options. Good way to check if your website is blocking any crawlers.

• Raghave

August 17, 2021 at 11:55 pm

It also has the feature to see a graph with the internal linking and URL structure of a website. This is a really good feature to analyze the site structure.

• Karl

August 18, 2021 at 2:49 am

Took me a long time until I realised it had a graph function but it’s been a game changer ever since!

• Andy

August 18, 2021 at 1:42 am

I love that it can link to so many API’s which enhances the website data we can use for analysis

• Karl

August 18, 2021 at 2:48 am

Agreed! This is a very helpful tool!

• Karl

August 18, 2021 at 2:47 am

Yeah Screaming Frog is a fantastic tool I agree. So many times other programs I use struggle to crawl every page but Screaming Frog is able to do it, no problem!

• Andy

August 18, 2021 at 3:41 am

Especially being able to crawl using the sitemap makes it handy to still be able to crawl websites even with nofollow tags or no robots.txt